Event-related coordination site for the Ventura County Amateur Radio Society (VCARS) main@VCARS-events.groups.ioThis group is hosted by the Ventura County Amateur Radio Society (VCARS).
This is a replacement of the Yahoo Group (formerly) called "VCARS_events". To the extent possible/practical, (circa 1/10/2019) the Yahoo Group's contents were sampled/copied to this group as a baseline, prior to that Yahoo group being deleted.
Like the former Yahoo Group, this (replacement) group primarily serves as a forum for discussing and coordinating activities and events. It is important to note, however, this is an open-forum (i.e., not specific to VCARS Members Only); and by design, its membership also includes both licensed and unlicensed individuals, regardless of any other Amateur Radio Club affiliations. As a result, this group is intended to serve as an ideal means of coordinating events and activities for/of a broad collection of individuals.
PLEASE NOTE: sub-groups are/will-be created here for specific events and activities.
- For example, each annual Field Day will have its own sub-group, and there is a subgroup specific to material related to CONTESTING.
- Additional sub-groups will be created as needed.
- Please use these sub-groups whenever applicable.
Note that (as is Groups.IO's general practice) Groups.io believes in freedom of expression, and it is their intention to respect different perspectives and enable them to co-exist seamlessly and effortlessly. However, they do NOT permit the following:
- Pornography, adult content, or nudity.
- Harassment of any kind.
- Sharing media or content whose distribution would be in violation of copyright law.
- The promotion of extreme, hateful, or exclusionary ideas, including but not limited to, the alt-right.
- The promotion of conspiracy theories, or any sort of political agenda.
- The advertisement for something other than the group itself.
- 75 Members
- 1,024 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.